Post to Twitter

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All of You


So, tonite when we were eating
I saw it in full spectrum
I mean, that part
You thought you were hiding
Well there it was
In full spectrum
And  e’rybody was lookin
Do you know what that felt like?
A stampede of elephants
Trunks held high
Dust even higher
That trumpet that Dizzy couldn’t do
Dashing full force over, inside my stomach
A flame of hell’s intensity
Kindled in my gut
Given oxygen in my lungs
And causing 3rd degree burns
Across my cheeks
And black folks don’t blush
Boy, I saw you in full spectrum tonite
Just full of it
I’m full of you
I think monochrome suits me fine
Cuz all these colors are bleeding together
And it is shit brown
I’ll say it loud
I’m black and I’m proud
But this color you have baby
No longer is warholesque
You got your 15 minutes of fame

No comments:

Post a Comment