Post to Twitter

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No longer Silent

Finding my voice
To explain how I feel
To purge my soul of
Her inner thoughts
Inner desires
Inner fears
Inner loves
How will it sound
When I find my voice
Will she scream and yell and throw a fit
Or will she be hesitant and soft not
Wanting to expunge her pain
What is her tone
Cold &harsh or
Raspy & sweet
Like a honey rolled blunt
How will she say those words
Within her
Like a diamond, clear and cut to the chase
Or like a pebble that let’s water flow
Over it
Around it
Under it
Never getting to the heart of it
Will my voice be Leotyne Price
Or Lauryn Hill
Strong, proud, one to be reckoned with
Or will it be a soft backup voice saying
What she is told and not a note different
If I’m lucky it will be a
Mixture, a blend of voices
Harmonizing sounding as one
Not so forceful that it scares you away
But not so soft you can’t understand
My voice will utter the naked truth
With no apologizing and no regrets
She will not quiver with horror
To the vibration of her sound
She will just be
And be heard

No comments:

Post a Comment